On the face of it, this is not the most promising of apps. You can navigate around it, but it’s not a game. You can see all of it inside about 5 minutes, there are no characters and you can’t interact with anything, so what can you do? Actually, quite a lot.
The beauty of Epic Citadel is the beauty of Epic Citadel. The imagery is stunning. In such a relatively small setting you can find very different settings and landscapes, all modelled in fantastic clarity and detail. Here are a few ideas for how it could be used:
- As a setting for a mystery story it’s difficult to beat – there are so many questions you can frame around it.
- Use any of countless views for descriptive writing.
- Develop use of positional language by describing a journey from one place to another.
- Invent characters who could inhabit the setting.
- Write a history of the castle.
- Develop iPad skills by taking screenshots and arranging them into a collage on another app such as Pic Collage.